Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rainbows in winter



Baby Teething Toy tethers! I made a bunch for the shop and wow, they really feel great...I just want to 'play' in my bead collection (of vintage lucite beads)...running my fingers through all the lovelies for, like, ever...


I am so in love with vintage lucite! I mean, wow...I have really gone a bit mad amassing my stash - um, I mean collection... I used to love semi-precious beads...really love them...but, you know, something about having children...really puts you in touch with the tactile world...Just the thought of a little tooth gnawing on a stone bead....eeeerrrrrhhhggggghhh Oh, it makes me shiver with horror! Like fingernails on a chalkboard! Worse, somehow...glass, stone, pearls, shells, metal...Ick!!!






But lovely lucite, oh, so smooth, so seamless, so so soooooooooooo nice.


And, babies think so too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)
    I love your lucite box.
    I WANNA HAVE SOME....
    I have searched everywhere and I cant find any online store that sells them in the wonderfull colors that you have please help me.
    email me at dragonezz (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Mamazakka is Mommy blogger Autumn Sousanis; also-known-as Autumn Dunbar; and also-known-as "Mama" to six little ones, ages 9, 7.5, 5, 3.5 2 and a 3 month old! :) Busy,yes. A graduate of C.C.S. (Center for Creative Studies, School of Art and Design in Detroit) with my bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, I have finally found my calling as 'Mamazakka', maker of everything and anything that might improve your home, life and outlook. :) It's my goal to create things that truly meet Wikipedia's definition for 'zakka'; (here's an excerpt)..."cute, corny, kitschy is not enough. To qualify, a product must be attractive, sensitive and laden with subtext." Oh yeah! You betcha! Well, that's my goal, anyhow! I'm also known as an over-user of exclamation marks(!) and parentheses (can't help it) though I do try to keep my smileys to a minimum :)