Monday, January 18, 2010

Who lives in the Mushroom house?

We do!



Yes, this is officially a 'Smurf House'. But I'm not a big Smurf fan. These little handmade felt dollies are just the perfect size for this house (and much cuter, in my opinion, sorry Smurf lovers!).



My (5yr old) daughter and I made the little 'mushroomy' tables and chairs with wooden spools and she even designed the rug on the inside, which I then sewed out of felt. It needed a rug, because although the house is nice enough, it's plastic-y and the rug makes it much nicer, and the dolls 'stand' well on it. The chimney I glued in place (using rubbery Fabric-tac) to keep it from popping off, and the whole top lifts off for play.



The mushroom house is made by Schleich and can be found here, at our favorite local toy store, and the handmade dolls can be found at the Magic Cabin here and here. I don't think the pictures do them justice, they are so petite and perfect, and very charming, made by a Romanian women's cooperative.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Mamazakka is Mommy blogger Autumn Sousanis; also-known-as Autumn Dunbar; and also-known-as "Mama" to six little ones, ages 9, 7.5, 5, 3.5 2 and a 3 month old! :) Busy,yes. A graduate of C.C.S. (Center for Creative Studies, School of Art and Design in Detroit) with my bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, I have finally found my calling as 'Mamazakka', maker of everything and anything that might improve your home, life and outlook. :) It's my goal to create things that truly meet Wikipedia's definition for 'zakka'; (here's an excerpt)..."cute, corny, kitschy is not enough. To qualify, a product must be attractive, sensitive and laden with subtext." Oh yeah! You betcha! Well, that's my goal, anyhow! I'm also known as an over-user of exclamation marks(!) and parentheses (can't help it) though I do try to keep my smileys to a minimum :)